Lighting Design Solutions is a lighting design and distribution company that specializes in energy efficient lighting. We are a full service lighting distributor that also can provide lighting design and documentation. Having a Lighting Certified (LC), State of Wisconsin registered electrical designer (DES) on staff provides us the required license to engineer and specify building lighting plans for new construction, additions or alterations to existing buildings. Being Lighting Certified assures you that we have kept up on all the proper training. As a member of the Wisconsin Focus on Energy program you will be certain to get all the completed proper forms for Incentives. When completing lighting projects there are a number of code requirements that need to be met. There are also many other requirements that if met, can provide alternate revenue streams for your lighting project, Wisconsin Focus on energy program; another is Epact 2005 Federal Tax Deduction. Wisconsin Lighting Approval Requirements:
Wisconsin Focus on Energy:
This is a state initiated program to provide funding assistance through incentives for any qualifying company improving energy efficiency through lighting upgrades. The funding from this program comes from your electrical bill through your local utility. Most utilities in the state are in the program, not all utilities are in the program. The bottom line is that you are probably included in the funding for the program so you should benefit from it. All our designs attempt to meet these requirements so you can get the additional funding for your systems. Many times, we can get a custom project to achieve higher incentives with a well thought out design.
As of March 2009 the state of Wisconsin now requires approvals for lighting plans and egress lighting plans and they recommend "a point by point calculation for the path of egress proving lighting requirements have been met”. Lighting design solutions has the capabilities, equipment, knowledge and license to meet those requirements and has submitted numerous plans to the state and been approved. Watch for Code updates coming in June of 2011 referencing the IECC 2009 codes.
Epact 2005 tax deductions:About Daniel Geenen
The Lighting Certificatijon and Wisconsin Electrical Designers License allows us to provide Epact 2005 certifications, calculations and inspections. With this federal tax deduction, your company is allowed up to $.60 per square foot for energy saving lighting installations. We can guide you through the process by designing the approved lighting system, providing approved products, providing your personnel or contractor the required installation information, preparing the calculations, completing the on site inspections and endorsing the certifications. We can complete this at a much lower cost than other firms can, because we supply the design, support, material and are involved with the installation process all along. This greatly eliminates site visits and redundant phone calls and communication. In order to conform to Epact 2005 we need to meet IESNA illumination level recommendations, Wisconsin Commercial building codes, National Electrical Codes and provide installed lighting power densities up to 50% less than ASHREA requirements. This may sound difficult and expensive but with many of the technologies now available, it is quite easy and inexpensive with the proper design done prior to installation.
More on EPACT - Click Here.
Mr. Geenen has been in the electrical and lighting industry for 28 years, is Lighting Certified and a Wisconsin Registered electrical designer that specializes in high efficiency lighting and design.
Allow Lighting Design Solutions experience and expertise to work for you and your lighting needs.
- Attends numerous training seminars annually to stay ahead of the latest lighting trends and design software.
- Can design any type of lighting including exterior parking, area, security, roadway, sports field, egress, historical and interior including industrial, commercial, Warehouse, retail, office, classroom, gymnasium, egress, emergency, high bay, low bay, retrofit, redesign or value engineer a project.
- Can also complete automatic control design that may be required for lighting including occupancy, daylight or time based with local or global control.
- Complete all lighting designs, specifications, energy calculations,
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy incentive confirmations in house.
- Fluent in the use of lighting design software and autocad. Design from customers cad files or can create his own.
- Use of proper equipment including design software, laser measurement devices and calibrated light meters for accuracy.
- Perform on site evaluations of existing system and energy costs while utilizing the proper safety equpment and training.
- Provide lighting point by point, lighting simulations and energy calculations for all projects. Work with all types of lighting including High intensity discharge, linear fluorescent, compact fluorescent, Incandescent, quartz induction, fiber optic, LED and cold cathode.
- Can do energy efficient designs to meet Wisconsin Focus on Energy Requirements and Epact 2005.